Invest in Wałbrzych
Wałbrzych is the second city after Wrocław in the voivodeship with the highest number of companies operating on its territory. Over the last years the number of companies on the territory of the city was relatively stable and oscillated around 14 thousand entities, including:
- 13 452 – small and micro companies
- 62 – medium-sized companies
- 17 – large companies
The dominating branches of local economy of Wałbrzych are as follows:
- 28% - retail and wholesale trade, including motor vehicle and motorcycle repair
- 25% - construction activity, transport activity and warehouse management
The size structure of the business entities operating in Wałbrzych indicates that micro enterprises constitute nearly 97% of all companies. Enterprises employing from 10 to 49 people constitute 2.7% of all entities. In the size group from 50 to 249 employees there was 0.5 % of all companies. The number of the largest entities in terms of employment amounted to: 14 companies employing 250-1000 workers and 3 companies employing over 1000 workers. More ....
Statistics and economy of the Commune
One of the main strategic objectives defined in the Strategy of Sustainable Development of Wałbrzych until 2020 is developed, competitive and innovative industry as well as a high level of entrepreneurship of the inhabitants of the City of Wałbrzych. An important element for the implementation of this objective is supporting the winning of investments of production and service nature which in Wałbrzych are partially located on the territory of the Wałbrzych Special Economic Zone “INVEST PARK” (www.invest-park.com.pl), which was established in 1997 and belongs to the best developing ones in the whole country! It covers the areas in south and east Poland in the immediate vicinity to Czechia and Germany. The Wałbrzych Special Economic Zone covers the area of around 3 774 ha. It is located on the outskirts of the northern part of the city, 1 km away from the national road no. 35, in the immediate vicinity of the railway station, 40 km away from the A4 motorway. The enterprises operating within the Wałbrzych Special Economic Zone have invested nearly BN 5.7 PLN and created 7 748 workplaces.
The investors on the territory of the Wałbrzych Special Economic Zone in Wałbrzych are as follows:
- JOYSONQUIN AUTOMOTIVE SYSTEMS POLSKA Sp. z o.o.
- TRISTONE FLOWTECH POLAND Sp. z o.o.
- AGC Glass Poland Sp. z o. o.
- CERSANIT III S.A.
- MIGAPOL Sp. z o.o.
- TOYOTA MOTOR MANUFACTURING POLAND Sp. z o.o.
- FAURECIA WAŁBRZYCH S.A.
- NSK STEERING SYSTEMS EUROPE POLSKA Sp. z o.o.
- POLAND SMELTING TECHNOLOGIES „POLST” Sp. z o.o.
- TOYOTA TSUSHO EUROPE SOCIETE ANONYME, Branch in Poland
- OPALEX Sp. z o.o.
- POLAND INVESTMENTS 7 Sp. z o.o.
- MANDO CORPORATION POLAND Sp. z o.o.
- RONAL POLSKA Sp. z o.o.
- MAXPRO CNC Sp. z o.o.
- CORTHINX Sp. z o.o.
The Wałbrzych industry operating outside the zone is represented mainly by the ceramic, glass, textile, clothing, construction materials, chemical, metal, electronic, automotive and food industries. The most important companies o these branches are as follows:
- PORCELANA „KRZYSZTOF” Sp. z o.o.
- WAŁBRZYSKIE ZAKŁADY KOKSOWNICZE „VICTORIA” SA
- ENITRA Sp. z o.o.
- FABRYKA WKŁADÓW ODZIEŻOWYCH „CAMELA” SA
- LEGIPOL Sp. z o.o.
The Wałbrzych Commune mainly supports the activity of small and medium-sized enterprises which the economic development of the city is to a large extent based on. The main initiatives are:
- THE COMMUNAL INVESTOR AND EXPORTER SERVICE CENTER actively working to the benefit of our entrepreneurs (It will open in the new windowwww.facebook.com/investinwalbrzych)
- “one counter” providing services to entrepreneurs within the scope of business activity registration – Customer Service Office, ul. Sienkiewicza 6-8,
- dedicated website - www.gospodarka.um.walbrzych.pl for entrepreneurs containing current events and economic information
- Investment offer with greenfield and brownfield areas dedicated to the implementation of economic undertakings in Wałbrzych, including areas and structures to be used for the following purposes: production, trade, services, catering industry, tourism and recreation and housing industry (complete offer HERE).
- active cooperation with the Lower Silesian Agency of Economic Cooperation, Wałbrzych Special Economic Zone Invest-Park and Polish Investment and Trade Agency regarding cooperation to the benefit of the economic promotion of the City of Wałbrzych and winning investors and with other institutions which support entrepreneurs (complete list of institutions will open in the new window HERE)
- Lower Silesian Technology Park, the aim of which is to create an attractive area for conducting business activity, encourage to invest in undertakings connected with modern technologies while ensuring comfortable location, modern infrastructure and professional ancillary services together with the system of financial support.
Updated on June 5, 2019.